Friday, March 6, 2009

Ahh, Friday

The weather was amazing today. We finally got out of the house with the girls. They spent about 2 hours running around the yard and digging in the dirt. E got a gardening kit for the birthday that she is very anxious to use. We need to till up the garden this week and get some more seedlings started inside. I am going to let E do the planting with her new set. She also got a good from the Let Read and Find Out series on plants and how they mature. We will be reading that in depth so that she understands what we are doing.

We still have not heard from any schools. I would guess that not getting an outright denial is good but the longer we wait the more anxious I get. A firm has always taken them on a trip on April 16th as a thank-you for busy season. This year they were talking about just closing the office and giving everyone the day off. If that happens, A and I had planned to take a four day weekend out to wherever we are moving to look at house, schools, jobs for me etc. I hope we hear soon so we can make reservations and call ahead to schools. The suspense is driving me batty!

A also forgot to get onions this week. I checked the list, they are clearly on there but when I started cooking tonights dinner I realized we were out of onions. I had intended to make potato kudgel but without onions that was out. Even worse I had already started to grate the potatoes and those went to waste. Grr, the list was 25 items long and we buy onions constantly! I asked him to buy some on the way home but he brought carry-out instead. Now I will have to take both girls out tomorrow to get onions. Not looking forward to that!

2 comments:

  1. Yayyyy for going outside. Aiden did too and he loved it. Tomorrow is going to be in the high 70s to lower 80s and he's going to have a ball playing w/his water table!

    I hate when I forget something at the store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the warmer weather here too! We need pictures!

    Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete