Monday, March 2, 2009

New Ideas

Monday's are swimming lesson days in our house. We spend 2 hours of our precious evening time at the YMCA so that E can learn to swim. Since A is in busy season I have to cover it all. I pre-cook dinner, take the girls to the Y, sit through swimming, get E dresses bring them home and then finish cooking dinner. By the time the girls are in bed, I am exhausted.

A gets home tonight at 7:45. Dinner is over and cleaned up, the girls are dressed in PJ's and I'm about to read a chapter of their book to them. He immediately starts in on me. Did you brush their teeth? Have you made a grocery list? How much laundry have you done? When I told him none, he gives this huge theatrical sigh, the says "I guess I will do it". I did 4 loads the other day, it is not like he doesn't have clean clothes or anything. So I made the menu and grocery list and he went out shopping. I hope it takes him forever to get it done. I just don't want to deal with it right now. I know he is busy at work but it is no reason to take it out on me or the girls.

The girls are upstairs supposedly sleeping but I can hear L yelling at E. I wish I could get some sewing done but the machine is in the office right across from their room. They would never sleep with the click-clack noise. I got some great fat quarters to make a gift for my friends TL with the new baby. I am going to make matching burp clothes and bibs. I got some appliqués and ribbon to decorate them even a "W" for the baby's name. I also got two new fabrics for dresses and a fat quarters pack to make a patchwork skirt. I want to make a matching top somehow but I don't know how to tie it into the skirt. I may try buying a white collored top and sewing a patch on as an appliqué but they remains to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment