Monday, March 9, 2009

Fever :(

L is sick. Really sick not just a cold but a 104 degree fever. She started getting sick on Sunday, she woke up all croupy sounding. This kid never gets sick, she has never been on antibiotics, has never missed a day of school/daycare, so I was concerned. No fever though so we just let her go about her day. She played and acted fine so we weren't concerned.

This morning, I asked A to check her at 6:30 for fever while I was taking a shower so I could call into work if needed. He swore she was fine. Gets her breakfast and leaves to go to work. I sit down to eat my breakfast at 7:30 and I notice she hasn't eaten anything. Normally L eats three breakfasts. It is her favorite meal. I pick her up to get her out of her chair and realize she is burning up. There is no way A could have missed it when he carried her down this morning unless he didn't want to admit it or never checked on her like I asked. I take her temp and it is 102.2. Great, I have to be at work in 40 min. There is no way they can find a sub that quick.

I call A and tell him, I will take both girls with me to drop off E at school and take L with me to work. He needs to pick her up by 9 when I start actual teaching. He gets mad, tells me "Her fever isn't really that high" I responded with I just took it. He asks if she can't just go to school anyway. She has a fever and is miserable let alone exposing all the other kids at school. Plus her teachers would notice and then just call him to come get her anyway. I quietly remind him that if he had actually checked her like I asked him to, I would be the one staying home not him. I can't do that now. Finally he agrees to come home.

I get home from work at 1pm, ask A how she is doing. He responds fine a little tired. and that she is laying down in our bed. I look in the room and she is sleeping so I make my lunch and play with E. L wakes up at 3 and needs to go to the bathroom. I pick her up and she is shaking with fever. I take her temp and it is 104.2. Yikes! I called the doctor, he said to give her motrin, if it spikes above 104 again to take her to urgent care otherwise we are on the call back list for the morning. So now we wait.

2 comments:

  1. oh nooooooooooo! A temp that high always scares the crap out of me. However, a fever that high isn't the concern, it's really how she feels while she has that fever. Bless her heart. You may have to piggy back Tylenol and Motrin...

    hope she feels better soon. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not good. I hate when they fever up like that. I hope that she is well soon!

    ReplyDelete