Sunday, March 1, 2009

Parties and Dresses

Today is my BIL, P's birthday and my brother's long term girlfriend, M's birthdays. My sisters birthday was Thursday, so we went to a party at my mom/sisters house. It is really my mom's house, the one I lived in during high school. When my sister and BIL got pregnant with my niece, L they couldn't afford rent and daycare so they moved in with my mom. At the time my mom was single and she helped them adjust to a new baby. Now that my mom is getting married, she lives at G's house with him. My sister is still living at my mom's house three years later so I am not sure whose house it really is anymore.

Anyway, as usual we knew what we wanted to get people but waited until the last moment to actually purchase the gifts. My sisters gift and my BILs gift need to be purchased online and we just gave them cards indicating to check their email for the links. For, M, my brother's long term girlfriend, we want to get alcohol/glass since it was her 21st birthday. We went to World Market and found some awesome blue swirled martini glasses and we got her a bottle of champagne to celebrate. So much fun! She was very excited about the glasses. She told me she and her roommate would be getting a ton of use from them. I have the hardest time buying for her and finding a gift I was excited about giving made me really happy.

Before the party, I spent the morning finishing sewing E's "princess" dress. She is currently obsessed with wearing dresses and they have to twirl like a princess. I decided to relearn to sew since it was much cheaper than buying so many dresses. The first dress turned out smaller than I anticipated so L ended up getting it. The second dress was a green dress with tint white dots all over. It looks amazing and I learned how to put a zipper in. I am making a matching one for L for St. Patrick's Day. E wanted her dress to be pink so I got more fabric from Joann's and I finished it today. I am proud of how it turned out and we got a compliment on it at World Market. The lady was shocked when I told her I had sewed it!

I think I am going to try a pattern I saw for bibs and matching burp clothes for my friends who just had a baby girl. I need to find some coordinating fabric though and I hate choosing colors. I need to take my mom or sister along I guess. I have a million projects I want to start and not enough time!

No comments:

Post a Comment