Monday, March 16, 2009

Dresses and More.

I just finished the headbands that match the girls St. Patrick's Day dresses. The dresses are bright green with a swiss dot pattern. I made them very full so that they would twirl. I usually shop for the girls at Janie and Jack, Gymboree or Gap so I go in for the matching look. I wanted to create matching hair accessories for the dresses.

Since E, cut a patch of hair about 1 inch long recently, we have been reduced to headbands. I went to the "bowtiques" online to see if I could find matching headbands. I didn't know how to make any myself. I was shocked to see they were charging $12 per headband. Way too much for me so I decided to make them myself. I research woven headbands on the internet and found directions.

It took me many false starts to figure out how to make the four ribbon braid but I succeeded. E's headband is green with white diamonds down the middle. L's is white with green diamonds. They match perfectly. I am so excited for tomorrow so they can wear them. Overall cost per headband $0.80. I saved over $22 making them myself. I am feeling pretty proud at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment